Home    UK City Guides     London     Contact     Hotels     UK Travel     Maps

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory dates from the 14th century and was the former priest's house of the Chantry Chapel of St. Nicholas. From 1518 until 1960, Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory became a farm known as the "Parsonage Farmhouse". Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory is now managed by the National Trust.

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory

Visitors to Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory can view many remaining buildings including the House, Hall, and barn.

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory

The barn (see below) was used for the threshing and storing of grain, peas, and beans.

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory is located 2 miles west of Montacute between Yeovil and Ilminster. Visitors to Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory may also want to visit nearby Barrington Court, Lytes Cary Manor, or Montacute House.

Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory
North Street, Stoke-sub-Hamdon
Somerset TA4 6QP
Telephone: 01935 823289
Map of Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory

© 2010 John Westby

Books on Devon & Cornwall
Hotels and Guesthouses in the UK
Hotels and Guesthouses in Bath UK

No comments: