Home    UK City Guides     London     Contact     Hotels     UK Travel     Maps

Sunday, January 30, 2011

St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock

St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock was built around 1480 AD, but the site has been used as a church since at least Norman and possibly even Saxon times. At the time of its building, Lacock was a prosperous wool town. The name of St Cyriac comes from a 3 year old child martyred in Cilicia in 303 AD. St Cyriac's was restored in 1861 by the architect Arthur Blomfield.


St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock
The nave (see below) of St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock was rebuilt in 1861 and features a fine wagon roof. The chancel at the far end of the nave was rebuilt in 1771 and remodeled in 1902 and is dedicated to William Henry Fox Talbot of Lacock Abbey.

St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock
St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock is located on Church Street in Lacock. Visitors to St Cyriac's may also want to visit nearby Lacock Abbey, Great Chalfield Manor, or The Courts Garden.

21 Church Street
Lacock, Wiltshire
SN15 2LB

St Cyriac's Parish Church Lacock Map

© 2011 John Westby

Books on Devon & Cornwall
Hotels and Guesthouses in the UK
Hotels and Guesthouses in Bath UK

No comments: